Thursday, March 2, 2017

Holocaust AoW Impressions

I learned a lot from my article, how baking saved Ernie Feld's life, and how a Nazi officer was charged with murder 70 years after the war. I have learned a lot from Night, and the other articles that I have read, and it give me an in depth look on the Holocaust. And it gave me much information on how life was, being separated from your family, and being in concentration camps as well.

I think that the Nazi officer that was charged with murder 70 years after the war is a stretch. First of all, he might've not have murdered anyone at all. And he also said that he was forced to, so I think that was unnecessary. But he could have been lying, but we may never know. Also my article was interesting because a man named Ernie Feld literally baked for his life.

Ernie Feld's life was saved because he could cook and bake. The Nazi officers need someone who could cook, and they found out that Ernie could. So he began to cook for him, and I think that they said he cooked well. He managed to save a few other Jews by letting them help him in the kitchen. but a lot of his family perished in other concentration camps. So he got very lucky, or else he might have not been alive today.

These articles tell a lot, like how families are separated. How Jews lived in Concentration camps. From these articles I have learned much more about the suffering many people experienced in World War II. And it makes me feel so sad that one person could make so many people suffer and die. And now after I have read these articles, I hope that this doesn't happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment