Thursday, March 16, 2017

Argumentative Article AoW

I don't think that this is the most pressing argument, but it does affect me personally. Eamonn's article was about if parents should agree with the new school lunch standards. Michele Obama, the former First Lady made a change to school lunches so that they are more healthy. This is a good thing because now parents don't have to worry about their kids getting unhealthy food. But this is kind of bad because every person needs a specific amount of food, because we are all different. So if you give all kids the same food, and the same amount of food then some will not get enough nutrition. And personally I think that our school should give us better food, and sometimes the quantity should be greater. Also, and I think a lot of other kids agree, there should be chocolate milk.

Another article that I thought was very interesting was Dylan's article. His was about how livestock are producing too much greenhouse gas. 51% to be exact. So we either should keep eating them, or breed them less and eat fruits and vegetables. 51% is a big number, and greenhouse gas is bad for the Earth, because it traps in sunlight, therefore causing the climate to become hotter. So if we want to be green, breed less livestock. But the funny thing is, if we do that and eat fruits and vegetables, we would produce even more greenhouse gasses. I didn't really understand how fruit and vegetables make us produce more gas, but it's proven. So that is pretty ironic. I personally like eating meat more than vegetables, so I would be pretty sad if I had to give that up.

No comments:

Post a Comment