Thursday, May 4, 2017

Socratic Seminar Blog

For the first three seminars I really had no goal, and for the first one I was completely unprepared. I would usually share just 2 times, either because that was all I had to share, what I was trying to share was not on topic, or someone kept cutting me off. But for the fourth seminar, I had made a goal to share at least three times. And this seminar was my best one yet, because I shared three times. I know it is just one number bigger than two, but it is a better thing for me. And the question I shared was pretty good, so that was also part of it. And now, thanks to all these seminars, I have experience for more Socratic Seminars.

The opening question was usually a topic that we talked about for a while. After that, there was a transition to go to the next topic was completely unnoticed, but in some way it was related to the first topic. But a problem was other people cutting people off. If I wanted to say something, for example, someone would cut me off. And I'm not a person to keep continuing what I am saying to make the other person stop, so I had to wait. This, I am sure, happened with other people too. But we put a little rule to wait before you share so other people can have a chance to speak, and if you shared a lot already, let someone else share. This sort of worked, and made it easier to share, but there was still a chance to get cut off. Nevertheless, the Socratic Seminars were interesting, and a new experience for me. I am looking forward to another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment