Friday, October 28, 2016

1st Quarter Reflections

   This quarter has reminded me of how it is to be in school again. It's started alright, but I hope it will get better. Anyways, I have started a 20 book challenge in ELA. So far I have read I think 6 books. I need to start reading more, but I'll probably read at least 20 books before the school year ends. But I have read 6+ Star Wars comics, and also A Cask of Amontillado (a short story by Edgar Allan Poe), but I don't know if that counts. I look forward to reading more books as the school year goes on, hopefully even more than 20.

    In ELA we also learned about the carnival season in several places around the world. Like the carnival in Brazil, said to be the biggest in the world. And also in Venice, Italy, where they where costumes and masks during their carnival season. And in Social Social studies we are learning about U.S history. For example the American Revolution, the Boston Tea Party, and battles that the 13 Colonies fought in. I learned all this, but I have still much to learn as the school year goes on.

    In the next 3 quarters I hope to not get as many Falcon Fouls as I did this year. They are easily the most despicable thing about HMS, although detention is not that bad. They also take away many privledges, so I hope those will be reduced. Also I hope my grades will stay at an average 3, I always try to keep my grades high, I might even be elligable for a scholarship! So those two objectives are my top priorities for this school year, and I hope that they will be accomplished.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment